MACAA is a statewide service organization dedicated to strengthening community arts agencies throughout Missouri.
Browse the directory
Thank you for visiting MACAA.net
MACAA is the Missouri Association of Community Arts Agencies, Inc., a statewide service organization dedicated to strengthening community arts throughout Missouri.
MACAA is a network of over 70 Missouri community arts agencies and over 1350 Missouri artists. MACAA has served communities, community arts agencies and artists since 1979. We believe that the arts make communities better places to live. MACAA programs and services are designed to enhance members' ability to create and sustain programs and services which meet their community's needs.
MACAA's Goals Are:
- To increase the effectiveness of community arts agency boards, staff and volunteers with professional development opportunities and direct technical assistance.
- To encourage networking among Missouri community arts agencies and artists to share information and to facilitate the development of working partnerships.
- To articulate the views and interests of Missouri community arts agencies and artists and to communicate issue of state regional and national significance.
What We Offer:
Programs and Services offered by MACAA include:
- Workshops - Held in regional locations throughout the state, workshops contain information on grant guidelines, funding opportunities and other arts issues relative to community arts.
- Professional Development Conference - Targeted for community arts administrators, leaders and volunteers, each spring this event focuses on leadership skills development to facilitate working with your board of directors, volunteers and community.
- MACAA.net - This Web site offers a calendar of statewide art events; artist directory; a gallery featuring images of visual and performing artists' works; a "What's New" page; Opportunities pages to inform artists and agencies about artistic, grant, call for entries and other relevant opportunities; membership pages; and links page to including descriptions of key state and national arts organizations
- Artist Directory - A searchable, comprehensive listing of artists and art groups throughout Missouri. Any Missouri artist or art group may list themselves for free online, including their contact information, link to their website/email and a short description.
- Technical Assistance: Staff Consultations, Site Visits and Board Retreats - Although we certainly don't have all of the answers, MACAA staff is available to come to your community and help organizations face their current challenges through brainstorming, problem solving, and identifying resources.
- MACAA Mentor - A service in which MACAA members share/receive knowledge in a particular area of arts management and leadership.
- Information/Referral - Through membership in state and national organizations, MACAA serves a source of information on a variety of topics
- Resource Information - The MACAA office houses a number of books and other materials on arts management topics. These are available for members to peruse and some material may be copied or loaned.
- Advocacy for Rural Communities